Competency-based education (CBE) programs are transforming higher education by personalized learning and enable students to earn a college degree at their own pace, while developing real-world job skills.
Competency-based education breaks from the traditional approach of earning credits to measure student progress to a competency-based, outcomes-based learning assessment for the prescribed course of study. Competency-based learning is expanding rapidly across universities in the United States. CBE programs are appropriate for adult learners, college dropouts and learners who want to develop specific skills.
CBE programs are innovative, path-breaking and increasingly delivered fully online, to provide flexibility and adaptability to students.
Competency-based education solution
Competency-based education solution offers a wide range of features to educators in identifying the set of skills and competencies with the learning outcomes, program outcomes, and course outcomes.
- Connect the entire education network to a centralized database and easily flow secured data across faculty, students and courses.
- Configure and customize student’s proficiency levels with built-in automation tools
- Presentation of innovative teaching methods with multimedia content such as video and audio lectures, podcasts, and slides
- Preparation of online assessment materials such as tests, assignments, quizzes, surveys and puzzles
- Personalized learning path to completion that give students a richer and more meaningful educational experience
- Seamless integration with student information system to address increasing challenges in admission, enrolment, registration, invoicing and billing, grades and transcripts
- Self-paced learning for serendipitous student experience
- Demonstrated mastery of academic content that help students, regardless of time, place, or pace of learning
- Automated course scheduling and planning tools for student groups to help self-paced learning
- Generate competency-wise & student-wise reports, course competency reports and competency breakdown reports to improve learning outcomes
- Digital feedback loop to track student progress in real time at the pre-defined program & course outcome levels
- Interact freely with peers and benefit from past learner-faculty interactions on the discussion forum
What are the benefits of competency-based education?
- Competency based learning solution is highly flexible as their structure is based on the individual learner
- Development of real-world skills and competencies
- Explore diverse learning opportunities
- Real-time tracking of student’s mastery of competences, what they still need to accomplish, and where to improve
- Increased student engagement
- Simple, cost-effective and file-size efficient method for delivering teaching methods and assessments to improve students’ learning competencies
- Self-paced learning competencies improves compliance to higher education standards
- Automatically assess the need for remediation or advancement based on demonstrated proficiencies
- Multiple grading systems such as mark, letter and customized competency-based parameters
- Customize curriculum structure to demonstrate learning in clearly defined competencies with a framework to identify academic rigor to students and faculty and promote student success
Find your future in flexible, self-paced programs in medicine, nursing, dentistry, pharmacy, social work and more.
If you have questions about the competency-based education call 1-210-417-4073 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with an enrollment adviser today.